Pumpkins are everywhere at this time of year and pumpkin recipes are all the rage.
There are so many fantastic recipes coming from across the pond, but a lot of them seem to call for canned pumpkin puree. Sadly it’s very difficult to find canned pumpkin puree in the shops and while you can purchase it online for a premium, it’s so easy to make for yourself.
You can use any pumpkin really, even the cheap Jack o’ Lantern types!
- Preheat oven to 200 / Gas mark 6
- Slice your pumpkin in half and scoop out the seeds
- Place a sheet of greaseproof paper on a baking tray and lay the pumpkin on it, cut side down
- Bake for around 30 mins or until your pumpkin starts to collapse.
- Allow the pumpkin to cool slightly, before peeling off the skin.
- Blend the pumpkin or push it through a sieve
- You may find that a lot f liquid separates from the flesh – pour this away
- Store in the fridge for a couple of days or in the freezer for a couple of months