Why Every Vintage Girl Needs a Pair of Hotter Donnas
My shoe collection is pretty extensive. I have everything from ice cream shoes to sky high boots and more ballet pumps than my local Primark.
Despite the wide range, I’m always on the lookout for neutral shoes that are actually comfortable to wear. And if they have a little bit of vintage style to them then all the better!
If you’ve been reading Vintage Folly for a while then you’ll know that my feet love Hotter shoes, but seriously, they are smashing it with their vintage inspired looks right now! I’ve been wearing these Donna shoes to death since the day they arrived at my door.
Every vintage girl needs this shoe and here’s why.
1. They are really good quality. Nothing undoes all the effort of putting together an outfit, like finishing it off with poorly made shoes. The leather of the Donna shoe just seems to look better the more you wear it.
2. They fit well. You won’t have to worry about blisters or sore toes. Hotter shoes have half sizes too and properly support your feet.
3. The heel is the perfect size. High enough to be elegant but small enough to allow you to walk in comfort around as many vintage stalls as you like.
4. They look really authentic. I’ve worn these to a number of vintage events and I’m always asked where on Earth I found them. On two occasions, people have assumed that they’re vintage deadstock 😊
*deadstock means they were made a long time ago but were never sold and so are easentiallly brand new*
5. They extend the wearability of your wardrobe. This is the crux of why I think these are essential shoes.
Like most vintage and repro lovers, I have a lot of dresses and skirts. I love them! They’re so forgiving in terms of bums and mum-tums and they come in some amazing colours and prints. But unfortunately pretty frocks aren’t particularly practical when it’s raining or windy or snowing. You know, normal British Summertime weather!
Pairing a dress with black tights, a cardigan and black Donnas means that your prettiest outfits needn’t be reserved for the prettiest of weather. The leather can stand a few splashes from puddles too!
The elegant design really flatters and elongates your legs and despite my preference for skirts, the slightly bootlike shape looks great with trousers too.
Donnas are also available in a scrumptious range of sugared almond pastels- all of which have me going a bit dreamy eyed 😍
Do you have an essential item, that you wear all the time?