Why I Hate Moving
I hate moving because
- Someone always manages to pack dirty laundry in with clean laundry so that you have to wash EVERYTHING again.
- You always lose ONE shoe.
- In the new house, rooms are never as large as they were in your head.
- The stairs in the new house are always steeper.
- The pets always carry out a ‘messy protest’.
- The vacuum cleaner chooses the worst time to break down.
- You have to properly clean the oven.
- You feel like a terrible Mummy when you realise how many of the tins and packets in the back of your cupboards were out of date and by how long!
- Something always leaks.
- That something usually leaks over something important.
- The cream carpets that you have been so particular about are suddenly caked in mud.
- It always rains.
- That box that you didn’t unpack after the last move, taunts you from the sidelines.
- The one item of your child’s that you threw/gave away always turns out to be the most precious thing to them.
- You always have more stuff than you realise.
- No matter how short you cut your nails – you still manage to break them. OUCH!
- The walls are always embarrassingly filthy, even (and sometimes especially) in the places that have been covered by furniture
- It is only the nicest pieces of crockery that get broken.
- Someone, (usually me) always gets ill or injured.
- Just when you think you’ve done everything you open a room or cupboard and there it is…a whole other World of packing and mess for you to deal with.
- The worst part is, you have to sort out all of this junk when you finally settle in the new house.