Peanut Butter Cupcakes
My lovely man is away this weekend. I’m always at a bit of a lose end when he isn’t here. It’s fine when Beth’s around, but if she’s at her Dad’s or after her bedtime, it hard to know what to do with myself. So I bake 🙂
Phill will be furious that these little beauties were made when he wasn’t here to enjoy them as PB & J is possible his favourite flavour combination ever! But Beth’s enjoying them enough for all of us haha!!
Thess delicious muffins combine the crunch of peanuts with the ooey goeyness of peanut butter. They’ll freeze really well and smeared with a little jam/jelly, make a perfect PB & J treat for breakfast time or an after school/work snack!!
You Will Need:
225 grams / 8 ounce Self Raising Flour
140 grams / 5 ounce caster sugar
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon cornflour
250 ml / 8.5 fl oz semi skimmed milk
55 grams / 2 ounce margarine
2/3 cup chunky peanut butter plus extra for the centres
- Preheat your oven to 350 / 175 / Gas Mark 4
- Combine the egg, peanut butter, margarine and milk in a large bowl. It’s best to do this with a mixer or use a whisk – it WILL look lumpy and weird!!!
- Add the sugar, bicarbonate of soda, cream of tartar, cornflour and finally the flour and mix well until completely combined.
- Spoon a little into each cup and make sure that the bottom is completely covered.
- Add a small amount of peanut butter to the centre and cover completely.
- Back for 25 minutes, turning after 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from the baking trays. Because the cakes contain a lot of milk and have peanut butter in the centre, they may break in half if you move them when they’re too hot.