Egg Strip Summer Salad
When I was a child egg salads meant egg mushed up with mayonnaise….and that was all. I wasn’t a huge fan of eggs (other than soft boiled – yum!) and I’d turned my nose up at mayonnaise ever since I’d realised what it was made out of. For me, when I saw egg salad, I just thought of the farty smell.
But it turns out that egg salad doesn’t have to be whiffy, boring or mushy! Egg salad can be a delicious thing of beauty. Lion eggs have challenged me to create a Summery egg salad – so here it is 🙂
You Will Need
Flat leaf parsley
Baby plum tomatoes
The basic premiss of this dish is that it’s a really lovely, healthy salad without the egg….but the egg just makes it so much more satisfying.
- Build a base of leaves – small delicate leaves work best and I wouldn’t recommend rocket as it’s a bit too peppery.
- Slice some ripe avocado and tomatoes onto your leaves and crumble over some feta. Drizzle with a little olive oil.
- There’s no need for salt as you’re going to add some delicious strips of prosciutto (nom nom nom).
- Finely chop a bunch of flat leaf parsley and whisk together with two free range eggs.
- Warm a little olive oil in a small frying pan and pour in the egg.
- Cook on a medium hob until the top is firm. You’re basically creating a very thin simple onlette.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing from the pan and slicing into thin strips.
- Drape over your salad and eat hot or cold.
It’s really tasty!! But don’t take my word for it, give it a go – add some flavour texture and goodness to your salad.