Nobody has been more shocked than me at the popularity of my Chilli Vodka recipe! It’s been shared, shared and shared again since I posted it two years ago, so I thought you might be interested in this little treat: Tinkerbell Vodka!
Named after the little fairy because of the addition of edible glitter (magical fairy dust of course) and the way it tickles your nose as you drink it (again, magical fairy dust).
Of all the flavoured vodka I’ve experimented with, and I’ve made a number of flavours over the last few years, this has been the most popular by far!! I’ve had guests mix it with lemonade or tonic water, use it as an ingredient for cocktails and even sipping it straight like a fine liqueur 😉
You will need:
A large glass bottle or jar
1/2 litreGood Quality Vodka
10 Lemon Sherbert sweets
- In a sandwich or freezer bag, place 10 sweets and bash them with a rolling pin until they are broken into tiny pieces – no need to pulverise them into dust.
- Ensuring your bottle/jar is very clean, pour your crushed sweets inside.
- Pour over your vodka and seal the bottle
- Shake vigorously!
- Now it’s just a waiting game – you have to wait until the sweets have completely dissolved.
- No really…..you have to wait! It doesn’t take long though. Most of the lumps will have dissolved in a few hours and within a couple of days you’ll have a lovely, syrupy, yellow liquid.
- Now you can add some edible glitter.
- You won’t need very much to get this effect. The glitter will settle, so you’ll need to give the bottle a shake before you pour.
It’s sweet and sparkly and wrinkles your nose! I hope you like it.