How To Make Lavender Sugar
This really couldn’t be simpler and hardly seems worth the write up, but given that some stores are charging £10.00 for a small jar of the stuff, I really thought you might appreciate it!
A large clean jar
Dried or fresh Lavender
- Firstly ensure your jar is very clean.
- Fill your jar with sugar so that there is approx and inch or 2.5 cm space at the top.
- Tip the sugar onto your weighing scales and take not of the weight.
- Put sugar into a bowl.
- You will need at least a tablespoon of lavender for every 100g of sugar.
- Add the Lavender to the sugar by pushing it through a sieve with the back of a spoon, this will give you a fine, lavender dust on top of your caster sugar.
- Discard the left over bits of lavender in the sieve.
- Tip the whole bowl back into the jar and add another tablespoon of lavender, this time whole, to the jar.
- Seal the jar and shake well
- Shake the jar every couple of days, the sugar will be ready in a week.
- If you find that you prefer a stronger taste simply add more sieved Lavender.