I love Valentine’s day. I’m not going to claim that it was my favourite day when I was single, but the love-hearts and pink and fluffyness certainly helped to soften the blow! One look around my house will tell you that I love heart shaped anything 🙂
These days I spend Valentines spoiling my lovely Husband and our girls. Here’s a little something I rustled up for their brunch.
You will Need:
Free range eggs
A little olive oil
A large heart shaped cookie cutter.
- Use your cookie cutter to cut a heart shape almost all the way through your bread.
- Lightly toast the slice in a toaster.
- Remove the toast and completely remove the heart shape using the cutter again.
- Turn your grill on full.
- Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan on a medium heat.
- Place the toast in the pan and carefully crack an egg into the heart shaped centre – if you are not confident about this part, you can leave the cutter in the centre to make doubly sure that the egg doesn’t go everywhere!
- Once the egg begins to cook on the bottom (this will only take a couple of minutes) place the pan under the grill until the top of the egg is cooked to taste.
- Serve with the heart shaped toast for dipping!
Happy Valentines Day!