I made this recipe as part of my bank holiday weekend as a Morrison’s Mum.
There are lots of Brazillian restaurants popping up at the moment and we’re big fans. No matter how much we eat, no matter how full we are, we always find room for warm spiced pineapple to finish our meal!
I decided to tray and make something similar at home and I must say, this recipe comes pretty close.
You Will Need:
1 cup soft dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground mixed spice
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cinnamon stick
- Preheat the grill to it’s highest temperature
- Peel the pineapple and cut it into spears and lay in an oven proof tray
- Mix the spices and sugar together in a small bowl
- Cover the pineapple with the spice/sugar mixture
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes
- Cook under the hot grill and turn to ensure all sides are cooked.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Now I’ll be the first to admit that fruit or not, this isn’t the healthiest of dishes!!! The amount of sugar involved is pretty outrageous. But bank holidays don’t come around every weekend and we all deserve a treat sometimes 🙂