How To Make Chilli & Chocolate Cookies
Sugar and spice and all things nice!
These cookies might sound strange, but trust me, chilli and chocolate really works. That little hint of spice adds just enough warmth to the recipe.
We’ve just had the wettest April since records began and according to the news, we are set to have the coldest May since records began…..so lets warm up with these yummy cookies. I use ‘hot chilli powder’ but if you are still sceptical, try it with mild or medium chilli powder first; but trust me….the hot stuff works best!!
This recipe makes…erm loads!
You will need:
11oz plain flour
hot chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2.5 oz cocoa powder
3.5 oz caster sugar
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon milk
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Cream together 3oz sugar and the margarine.
- Add the eggs and milk
- In another bowl combine the flour, cocoa powder and approximately 1/8 teaspoon hot chilli powder, bicarbonate of soda and cream of tartar.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 oz of caster sugar with 1/4 teaspoon of chilli powder and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Roll the mixture into small ping-pong sized balls and roll in the chilli-sugar mixture.
- Arrange on a baking tray leaving little space around each ball.
- Flatten the dough lightly and bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the left over chilli-sugar whilst still warm.
- Allow to cool on the tray for a minute, before transferring onto a cooling wire.