How to Make Fridge Biscuits
Although this is really a recipe for children, I am yet to meet an adult who does not adore both the making and the eating of these delicious biscuits!
This is a no-cook recipe but if you are making them with children, do be aware that melted chocolate gets hotter than you might think.
This recipe makes this many biscuits.
150g cooking milk chocolate
Approx 80g Digestive Biscuits
Smarties or other sweets to decorate
- First place approx five biscuits at a time in a freezer bag and smash them up with a rolling pin until there are all done. The texture needs to be consistent and should be very fine crumbs.
- Break up the chocolate and melt it either in the microwave or using a bain marie
- Add the biscuit crumbs a handful at a time and stir until completely combined with the chocolate. Keep adding until you get to a stage where adding more would leave some of the crumbs dry.
- Lay a sheet of greaseproof paper on a baking tray, a casserole dish or any other flat bottomed container.
- Spoon the mixture into the container and push down until you have an even surface.
- Score lines across the the surface, creating squares and push a Smartie into the middle of each square.
- Leave in the fridge for around an hour.
- Remove from the fridge and snap apart the squares…..done.