How To Make Peanut Butter Biscuits
My Husband is obsessed with peanut butter. When I was avery little girl, I used to eat peanut butter sandwiches every single day and I think I must’ve overdone it because when Phill spread some on a pice of toast for me (inspired), it had been years since I’d had any!
I love a simple recipe and they don’t come much more simple than these. Crispy on the edges and chewy in the middle, these little beauties aren’t moreish…they are ALL-ish!!
It’s our seven month wedding anniversary today and my Phill brought a Poinsettia (which he really doesn’t understand the purpose of) home for me. So these cookies are for him, because he’s lovely and he deserves them 🙂
You will need:
110 grams/4 ounce margarine
130 grams/4.5 ounce peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
100 grams / 3.5 ounce caster sugar
110 grams / 4 ounce soft dark brown sugar
60 grams / 2 ounce plain flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180
- Combine both types of sugar, margarine, peanut butter and vanilla essence.
- Add the egg and salt and mix until fully incorporated
- Sprinkle the baking powder over the mixture and add the flour, mix well.
- Spoon small balls onto a baking sheet, make sure there is plenty of room around each biscuit
- Squash down with a fork
- Bake for between 15 and 20 minutes. The edges of the biscuits should just be turning brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the tray, the cookies with harden as they cool.
- Store in an air0tight container and eat within 3 days.