I think most of us like a drink at Christmas. Whether it’s Bucks fizz with Christmas breakfast (my family) or a glass of Sherry before bed on New Year’s Eve (my Grandma); it’s seems Christmas is the season to be tipsy!
Well if you’re going to indulge, you might aswell indulge in something a little bit special. I love infused vodka and this is a particularly Christmassy infusion. Candy Cane vodka is a sweet, sharp and fabulously camp drink; the colour of pink sherbert. I plan to use it to make a very special cocktail for our guests this weekend, so check back for that!
You will need:
500ml of good vodka (cheaper vodka doesn’t infuse as well and gives you a much worse headache!)
7 full size candy canes
a large glass jar
a glass bottle
- Roughly break up the candy canes and place in the bottom of the jar
- Cover with 500 ml of vodka
- Stir well
- Seal and leave to infuse for an hour.
- Stirring and leave to infuse again
- Once the candy canes have dissolved, use a funnel to pour the vodka into the bottle.
- Continue to shake the bottle daily and before serving.
Don’t drink too much! 😛