Felt Rose Shoe Clips
I think roses, in fact all flowers are so romantic. I love wearing them in my hair, on my clothes and ….on my shoes.
This Valentine’s Day, why not decorate a pair of plain shoes with some beautiful (and simple to make) felt roses. You can even wear them in you hair if the fancy takes you.
The method is much the same as with the paper roses and I used the red sparkly felt from my Bostik Bloggers Club delivery.
You Will Need:
Pin Curl Clips (Hinged metal clips, available cheaply from most chemists or online)
- Cut two equal circles of felt.
- Start to cut a swirl into the felt from the outside, inwards.
- Don’t worry if your swirl gets thinner and thicker as you go, if anything this makes the roses look more interesting.
- When you get to the centre leave a circle.
- Start curling your swirl from the outside in.
- When you reach the circle at the centre, turn your rose upside down.
- Apply a little glue to the ‘swirl’ of the rose.
- Clip the pin curl clip to the circle and glue that onto the swirl
- Hold until the glue begins the set.
- Repeat the process with both circles.
- Attach each rose to the top of a shoe
Aren’t they cute?! How long they stay on these shoes depends completely on how long I can prevent Beth from pinching them for her own!