How To Make a Father’s Day Scarf
With Father’s Day coming up, it’s time to think about what to do to show our lovely Dads how much we love them. For Mums, its also time to find a way for the little ones to show their Daddys how much they love them!! But men are so hard to find gifts for?!
For lovers of handmade, finding gift ideas for men is incredibly hard. Here’s one for all those trendy Daddys out there. This craft is suitable for older children and younger children with help.
You will need :
A large T-shirt
Sharp fabric scissors
- You can use an old T-shirt or a new one. Patterned or plain, it doesn’t matter and even the odd ketchup stain won’t do any harm. Just make sure your T-shirt is clean and flattened out before you begin.
- Cut the T-shirt under the arms.
- You now have a tube. Lay it flat with the hem facing away from you.
- Cut a strip to about halfway up. Start at the seam and cut the first strip around 1/2 an inch thick.
- Cut the rest of the strips 1/2 an inch thick.
- Once all the strips have been cut, stretch each one out individually.
- Stretch out all the tassels.
- Stretch out the top half of the scarf.
- Wrap around a lovely Dad (or like Beth, wear it yourself!!)