I don’t know about you but my skin is looking less that brilliant right now. I feel like my legs haven’t seen the light of day in months and my elbows and knees are so dry. So far, Winter has not been kind to me!! But all is not lost, there’s nothing like a home made salt scrub to breath new life into dull skin.
As we’re fast approaching valentine’s day I’ve used Himalayan pink salt. Sounds exotic I know but I promise you it isn’t. I bought it for a couple of pounds at a ‘bargain store’ on the high street. The texture is too coarse to use as is, so I used the mill to grind the crystals into powder form. You could do this with a pestle and mortar, a blender or even a freezer bag and a rolling pin!! Or you could of course just use simple table salt, it’s up to you.
You Will Need
A clean jar
Essential oils / extract (optional)
- If using rock salt, reduce the crystals to a fine powder.
- In a bowl, combine 1 part oil to just less than 2 parts salt.
- Make your scrub in batches that consist of no more than 3 tablespoons of oil at a time.
- If you like, now is the time to add a few drops of essential oil. I used a little rose oil.
- Spoon the mixture into your jar and make as many small batches as you need to fill it.
- Seal the jar and then decide whether to keep it or give it as a gift :-S
As scrubs work best on dry skin, why not stand in the bath or shower and use small handfulls to scrub towards the heart and circular motions. Pay particular attention to elbows, heels and knees, but be gentle with the delicate neck and chest area.
You may need to give the scrub a stir before each use and make sure you don’t fall as oil can make the bath/shower veeeeeeeery slippery.
Admire your beautifully soft skin.