It’s so hard to come up with hand made gift ideas for men. With Valentine’s Day swiftly approaching, I’ve been desperately trying to come up with something that my Husband will like. Handmade gifts seem to fall into two categories: feminine and food! And I make him enough food!
This idea was born out of necessity. Phill had been tinkering with the car and was
covering the bathroom in muck struggling to wash his hands. I realised that a hand made, sugar hand scrub would be useful to him and therefore avoid the risk of being girly in any way!
That said, this scrub would also be a lovely gift for a lady. It’s amazing what a little bit of lace can do!
You Will Need:
A jar with a tightly fitting lid (this one holds 16 fluid ounce/475 ml
1 and 3/4 cups ( 350 grams) of granulated sugar
1 cup (235 ml) of olive oil
4 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh or bottled)
1 teaspoon lemon essence (optional)
- Well it couldn’t be simpler really! The ingredients are all easy to come by, except perhaps the lemon essence. Lemon flavouring won’t work as well, so if you don’t have it, don’t try to replace it with something else.
- Just place all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix together until fully combined!
- Pour or spoon into your jar and seal tightly.
- Label your jar so that the recipient doesn’t try to eat their gift.
- The mixture may need to be stirred from time to time as the ingredients settle and it’s best not to put grubby fingers into the pot; so maybe you could include a teaspoon with your gift.
- To use, simply rub a spoonful into dry hands. Scrub and rinse.
This would make a great gift for just about anyone. The sugar scrubs away stubborn dirt and dry skin, the lemon breaks through grease and the olive oil moisturises.
I’d be happy to receive this as I’m sure, would anyone who works with their hands or enjoys crafting…..in fact, maybe I’ll make myself some too 😉