Cinnamon is one of my favourite spices. I love the smell, the flavour and even the way it looks. One whiff evokes memories of cozy nights under blankets, home-baking and Christmas.
Today Beth’s been making cinnamon candles 🙂 It makes me smile anytime I see her crafting – being creative despite her imminent teens! This is a quick and easy craft project and the final product makes a hand-made beautiful gift.
You can use regular cinnamon sticks but we used Chinese Cinnamon bark which is so much cheaper! We got a whole bag of it from our local Market for just £1.
You Will Need:
A pillar candle
Two elastic bands
Twine, ribbon or rafia to decorate (optional)
- Place the elastic bands on the candle.
- Slip cinnamon bark between the elastic band and the candle, making sure that bark is in contact with the candle.
- Place the candle on a plate and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Carefully remove the candle from the microwave using a tea towel and gently squeeze the bark into the slightly softened wax.
- Return to the microwave for a further 30 seconds and repeat.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Either use your candle as is or decorate with to give as a gift.
What do you think? This one was intended as a gift but we like the smell so much that we’ve decided to keep it and make another!!
What do you think?